Welcome to the Lions Club of Trentham in Victoria, Australia
Trentham Lions Club is a group of like-minded men and women who have been gathering together to serve their community for the past 33 years.
There is a strong philosophy within Lions that serving should be fun. Trentham Lions meet on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month, alternating between dinner and business meetings.
Dinner meetings often include a guest speaker, and are held at a number of different venues. Trentham Lions also enjoy theatre nights, visiting other clubs, and getting together socially on other occasions to build a strong bond of friendship.
Some Lions activities are service based while others are intended to raise funds which are then channelled back into the community. Indeed, some are a bit of both.
Service activities include:
* Delivery of a Birthday Cake to each of our local residents on the occasion of his/her 80th Birthday.
* Participation in the annual Australia Day ceremony in Trentham.
* Co-ordination of the 11am Anzac Day service for the RSL.
* Various working bees in public places to assist in beautifying the town.
* The Annual staging of 'Carols in the Park' in the period leading up to Christmas - this is held on the 1st Friday of December
PROJECTS & ACTIVITIES
Trentham Lions are best known for the Quarry Street Lions Park, developed during the late 1980's - early 1990's.
Also at that time Trentham Lions pledged both money and man-hours to the addition of the new Hostel at the Hospital. A large proportion of the funds raised by the Club was donated to the Hostel at that time.
More recently Trentham Lions engages in projects such as:
This Market runs right throughout the year - the weather is no obstacle for Trenthamites, we are hardy Cool Country People. There are usually 18 to 25 stalls selling only top quality produce at very affordable prices - come along and Stuff Your Pantry.
* The monthly old-time-dance at the Mechanics Hall on the 2nd Friday each month at 8:00 PM.
This has been a huge success drawing people from far and wide. There are usually 80 to 100 dancers and with a great band playing. There are very few who sit out a dance bracket. A very generous supper is provided at a quite reasonable price.
* Sale of Lions Christmas Cakes and Lions Mints. This continues all throughout the year under the control of Lion John - a most friendly Lion.
Be a part of the change. Join the Trentham Lions Club and assist us to assist your community.
We are the Lions
Ordinary people doing extraordinary things -
We meet the needs of our local communities and the world.
1.3 million men and women in 205 countries and geographic areas conduct
vision and health screenings, build parks, support eye hospitals, award
scholarships, assist youth, provide help in time of disaster and much
Join us in making our communities and the world better places to live.
Becoming a Lion
Lions club members are men and women who strive to make a difference in
their local community as well as in communities worldwide. Their
volunteer efforts go beyond the support of vision care, to addressing
unmet health and education needs worldwide.